Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 09, 2006

When there is no life in your life....

I'm working long hours this week and have just come off a long weekend of working. Hmmm. Makes me really appreciate the time when I'm home!

If I could be rich, or even comfortably wealthy, I'm pretty sure I'd be so content to be home a lot. You know? It would just be so marvelous to not HAVE to work. Not HAVE to bring-home-the-bacon and not have to think about money! Ah, what a lovely daydream.

So I suppose my heading is way off the mark. There IS life in my life. It's just that I'm spending my days working and working doesn't feel like life to me.

Life, the kind I really enjoy, is full of time to knit, read, sleep, make phone calls to favorite people, write, read the paper, watch movies, take long naps, do some cooking, naps and haps. Did I say I love naps?

Sorry this is so dull once again. Maybe I'll tell a silly joke I heard on the radio today on the way to work...

A penguin walks into a bar and orders a drink. The bartender says to the penguin, "Hey dude, there's a drink named after you!" and the penguin says "Why would anyone name a drink Ralph?!" hahahah hope you're laughing.

Good movie of the week: My First Mister (starring Albert Brooks) Ignore the raunghy beginning. It's the sweetest story and ends beautifully. The title is mis-leading. Worth your time!

Have a lovely tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger amusing said...

Work. Yeah. THe thing that gets in the way of life, unless you are lucky enough to have a job that is bliss. With people who are a joy. I wonder what the stats are on that.... How many people have that treasure?

6:02 AM  
Blogger Denguy said...

I had a great job and I looked forward to Mondays. But then I quit, to stay home and I can because I married a Sugar Mama.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home